Avid Certified User: Pro Tools
Avid Education offers a number of Pro Tools certifications, validating user skills from novice to expert. The first of these certifications is the Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, providing an industry recognized credential for both academic users and industry professionals.
To gain the title of Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, you must take two foundational courses, Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) and Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), before sitting and passing the associated certification exam, as shown in the graphic below.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Avid Pro Tools to engineer a project through to completion, with all of the fundamental operational skills to record, edit, mix and output the finished session.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools allows you to:
- Demonstrate your fundamental competency in digital audio editing and mixing with Avid Pro Tools
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid brand with downloadable Avid Certified User logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with the online Certified Professional listing
As an employer, use the Avid Certified User credential as a benchmark so you can:
- Find the right person for the job
- Quickly assess candidate skill level
- Invest in and promote your most promising employees
- Keep your systems running at top performance, with little to no downtime
Once certified, you will have the opportunity to further deepen your Pro Tools expertise and add to your credentials by pursuing one or more of the follow on Pro Tools certifications, such as Avid Certified Operator and Avid Certified Expert for Pro Tools | Music or Pro Tools | Post, or even an Avid Certified Support Engineer for Pro Tools.
Check out the full range of Avid Certifications for Pro Tools.